Physical damage to any machinery or equipment in a factory can pose a huge loss to the business.
While every business is reliant on machinery and equipment to some extent, for certain companies and industries, the loss of a particular piece of equipment can have almost as much of an impact as the loss of an entire factory or warehouse. These businesses need to be prepared for such breakdowns on their machinery in order to continue working smoothly and overcome easily the loss.
Material damage and business interruption policies typically exclude cover for damage resulting from a mechanical or electrical breakdowns.
Only bespoke machinery breakdown policies would provide adequate protection in such circumstances. Use an experienced broker to get the quality cover you need. Use our services.
We can arrange cover specifically for the machinery integral to your business. We can build tailor made policies around your unique needs and work with major insurance providers to acquire the appropriate cover at competitive quotes.
The policy covers sudden and unforeseen physical damage or loss due to any accidental electrical or mechanical breakdown to the insured machinery whilst being at work or rest and during any clean-up, inspection, overhauling and removal to another position within the premises, arising from the cause of:
- defects in casting and material
- design errors
- installation errors
- operating errors
- short circuit
- any other cause not specifically excluded in the policy schedule.
The insurance covers the replacement value of the insured machinery with a new one of the same type, capacity and parameters.
If the continuity and turnover of your business is contingent on machinery and equipment, a damaged part or breakdown could severely affect your capacity to operate. Machinery breakdown could have a significant and detrimental impact on your bottom line.
A Machinery Breakdown Insurance policy can protect you from financial loss when things don’t go to plan.
- Provide you with free and impartial specialist advice concerning risk management and cover options
- Provide you with the right insurance product which best suit your specific needs, helping you to:
- Minimise your exposure to risk
- Save your time and money
- Manage your insurance policies, timely informing you about the relevant aspects
- Manage your claims, provide assistance and representation in front of insurance partners
- Give you peace of mind that you are protected for things that matter to you
- Our services are based on technical expertise and robust business knowledge, underpinned by complete understanding of your specific needs
- We have access to a large range of insurance providers allowing us to offer bespoke insurance solutions with the best value for you – both in terms of cover and price
- For highly specialized insurance products and / or better premiums we have access to international markets through Lloyd’s syndicates / brokers or first class insurers and reinsurers
- We think holistic and act responsible. We believe that respect and integrity are vital to building and maintaining trust and good long term relationships