Whatever your role in the supply chain you may be accused in connection with your products
Where products cause injury or damage, legal battles can go far beyond between consumer and the company that supplied them; a ripple effect throughout the entire supply chain can make proceedings lengthy, complex and extremely costly.
Use an experienced commercially-minded broker to get you quality cover when you need it most. Use our services.
Product Liability insurance protects against claims for personal injury or property damage arising from products sold by your business.
Useful for companies that make, supply or sell products to the public. If products cause damage, illness or hurt someone, it is likely they’ll seek compensation through the courts.
The main purpose of Product Liability insurance is to cover legal costs and damages.
If you’re making, selling or distributing things, product liability insurance is a wise choice.
Sometimes claims will be justified, others spurious. Either way, they can end up costing you a lot of money. Unwarranted claims still need to be taken very seriously – your company’s reputation and brand value is under threat.
Without robust Product Liability insurance, you may face huge legal bills, with a direct impact on your business. The insurance gives you the confidence to normally run your manufacturing / commercial activities and the freedom to innovate (e.g. investing in new products).
- Design defects: Someone accuses your product of being dangerous and always has been, right from the design stage.
- Manufacturing defects: The most common cause of product liability claims, this claim type argues the product became ‘unreasonably dangerous’ during the manufacturing process.
- Labelling defects: Your product is accused of having an inherent danger that customers should have been made clearly aware of.
- Provide you with free and impartial specialist advice concerning risk management and cover options
- Provide you with the right insurance product which best suit your specific needs, helping you to:
- Minimise your exposure to risk
- Save your time and money
- Manage your insurance policies, timely informing you about the relevant aspects
- Manage your claims, provide assistance and representation in front of insurance partners
- Give you peace of mind that you are protected for things that matter to you
- Our services are based on technical expertise and robust business knowledge, underpinned by complete understanding of your specific needs
- We have access to a large range of insurance providers allowing us to offer bespoke insurance solutions with the best value for you – both in terms of cover and price
- For highly specialized insurance products and / or better premiums we have access to international markets through Lloyd’s syndicates / brokers or first class insurers and reinsurers
- We think holistic and act responsible. We believe that respect and integrity are vital to building and maintaining trust and good long term relationships