Given the huge consequences of environmental damages, it's essential for your company to understand and evaluate these risks, as well as to protect against them
Any business has an environmental impact. Some environmental incidents can have huge financial and reputational consequences. Some are visible, like the chemicals used in a manufacturing process, and some are hidden, like the leakage from tanks that can gradually contaminate the soil. They can be sudden or gradually occur over time.
No business today can risk being inadequately protected against such environmental threats. Pollution liability occurrences may be infrequent, but when they do happen, they are often large, expensive and complicated.
The Environmental Liability insurance can help mitigate and protect your company against a wide range of environmental liability risk, from pollution to biodiversity damage. We can build tailor made policies around your unique needs and work with major insurance providers to acquire the appropriate cover at competitive quotes.
The insurance is mainly intended to manufacturing companies, warehouses, waste treatment and disposal facilities, hospitals, laboratories, shopping centers, hotels and construction companies.
Environmental Liability insurance covers statutory clean-up requirements, third party claims for bodily injury and property damage, and associated legal expenses, resulting from pollution or contamination events, whether such events are sudden and accidental or gradual in nature.
The covered risks include:
- Restoration or remediation of biodiversity damage to third-party sites.
- Defence and assessment of biodiversity damage claims.
- Mitigation of loss costs to prevent the worsening of a pollution incident early on.
- Loss arising from gradual, as well as sudden and accidental pollution conditions.
- Clean-up costs (on-site and off-site)
- Third-party bodily injury and third-party property damage caused by pollution release.
As any other business, you will face various scenarios in which your business activities may cause environmental damage. As generally known, the fines and the costs related to environmental accidents could reach huge levels.
Environmental issues need to be dealt with rapidly to protect your business against severe financial and reputational repercussions. An Environmental Liability Insurance, if it is properly aligned to the environmental impact of your business, can be not only a wise choice, it can be a necessity.
- Provide you with free and impartial specialist advice concerning risk management and cover options
- Provide you with the right insurance product which best suit your specific needs, helping you to:
- Minimise your exposure to risk
- Save your time and money
- Manage your insurance policies, timely informing you about the relevant aspects
- Manage your claims, provide assistance and representation in front of insurance partners
- Give you peace of mind that you are protected for things that matter to you
- Our services are based on technical expertise and robust business knowledge, underpinned by complete understanding of your specific needs
- We have access to a large range of insurance providers allowing us to offer bespoke insurance solutions with the best value for you – both in terms of cover and price
- For highly specialized insurance products and / or better premiums we have access to international markets through Lloyd’s syndicates / brokers or first class insurers and reinsurers
- We think holistic and act responsible. We believe that respect and integrity are vital to building and maintaining trust and good long term relationships