Be the lawyer you want to be. Protect you with the best professional liability insurance.
As a lawyer, you and your firm likely uphold the highest standards of professionalism and service to your clients. However, in spite of your best efforts, sometimes clients can be disappointed with your work. In addition, in a busy law firm and challenging environment, mistakes and errors in professional judgment can sometimes occur.
Getting sued would be seriously damaging, to both your reputation and personal financial wellbeing. Protect you by acquiring a professional liability insurance. Use an experienced broker to get you quality cover when you need it most. Use our services.
This insurance protects you or your firm from financial repercussions if you are sued by a client for errors or mistakes arising from the practice of law.
Professional Liability insurance covers the cost to defend lawsuits against you or your firm, as well as any settlements or judgments that arise out of your mistakes, in the normal course of your professional activity.
As a lawyer, you put your career on the line every time you meet or represent a client. When you take actions on behalf of your clients, you assume the risk of being sued for professional causes.
Defence is vital when allegations are unfounded – your future depending on it. But if allegations are justified, then insurance is especially important as you will need to defend at considerable costs and you may be liable for damages caused to your clients.
Professional indemnity claims are by nature low occurrence but high severity. A potential claim can have significant financial consequences if you are unfortunate enough to become the target of an allegation.
Common causes for professional indemnity claims include misfiled or delayed paperwork, and failures of professional judgment such as failure to know the law, errors in planning and failure to follow instructions. Additional claims come from allegations of conflicts of interest or failure to obtain client consent. Any mistake made by you or your firm, that causes damages to a client, is a possible cause of a professional indemnity claim.
An important choice for your professional liability insurance is the limit of liability. The limit of liability is the maximum that the insurance company will pay in the event of a claim. The higher the limit of liability, the higher your insurance premiums will be.
When purchasing a professional liability policy, you also should consider the deductible associated to the insurance product. The deductible is the amount of a claim you are responsible for paying before the insurance company’s coverage takes effect. Deductibles are a form of risk sharing, and provide a financial incentive for you to take actions to reduce the risk of professional indemnity claims.
- Provide you with free and impartial specialist advice concerning risk management and cover options
- Provide you with the right insurance product which best suit your specific needs, helping you to:
- Minimise your exposure to risk
- Save your time and money
- Manage your insurance policies, timely informing you about the relevant aspects
- Manage your claims, provide assistance and representation in front of insurance partners
- Give you peace of mind that you are protected for things that matter to you
- Our services are based on technical expertise and robust business knowledge, underpinned by complete understanding of your specific needs
- We have access to a large range of insurance providers allowing us to offer bespoke insurance solutions with the best value for you – both in terms of cover and price
- For highly specialized insurance products and / or better premiums we have access to international markets through Lloyd’s syndicates / brokers or first class insurers and reinsurers
- We think holistic and act responsible. We believe that respect and integrity are vital to building and maintaining trust and good long term relationships